Oral health remains one of the most important areas of overall health which should be paid proper attention. Considering the several aspects available with regards to oral health. Getting orthodontic treatment is however important to you and your overall health. Orthodontics is the branch of dentistry that corrects teeth and jaws that are positioned improperly. Crooked teeth that do not fit together correctly are harder to keep clean, are at risk of being lost early due to tooth decay and periodontal disease, and cause extra stress on the chewing muscles that can lead to headaches, TMJ syndrome, and neck, shoulder and back pain. Teeth that are crooked or not in the right place can also detract from one’s appearance.
Besides some cases that can be reduced by the orthodontics treatment, this treatment also can carry out work that aims to achieve as follows:
– Closing wide gaps between the teeth
– Aligning the tips of the teeth
– Straightening crooked teeth
– Improving speech or chewing ability
– Boosting the long-term health of gums and teeth
– Preventing long-term excessive wear or trauma of the teeth
– Treating an improper bite
By have an orthodontics treatment, this is can give you a truly last a lifetime making it a great investment at any age. Healthy teeth are vital to one’s quality of life. A lifetime of tooth pain or tooth problems is costly and miserable. In addition to health, the confidence of a beautiful smile. Straight teeth and a beautiful smile can provide many lifetime benefits no matter if you’re young or old as follows:
– Aesthetic appearance of your teeth and smile influences first impressions. Straight teeth and a beautiful smile can open social and professional doors throughout life.
– Positive psychological effects can profoundly impact how you feel about yourself and the confidence and self-esteem that you carry with you through your daily life.
– Healthier teeth and gums are possible since straight teeth eliminate the hard-to-reach places in your mouth that are tough to brush and floss. This can reduce your risk of developing cavities and periodontal (gum) disease over time. Research is now showing that inflammation of the gums (gingivitis and gum disease) can negatively affect other parts and processes in your body, specifically your heart health.
– Alignment of your jaws and bite improving your ability to chew and function properly. The proper function of this complex system of jaw joints and muscles allow them to work in harmony and comfort.
– Reduced wear and tear of your teeth over time caused by an unhealthy biting relationship. Such wear and tear can cause weak, fragile, severely worn, or even broken teeth as well as a loss of supporting bone and gum tissue caused by unhealthy amounts of forces or stress placed on them.
– Preparation for successful restorative treatment with your general dentist. Placing your teeth in their correct positions sets the foundation for more successful restorative treatment later if it is planned. This may include replacement of missing teeth with implants or bridges as well as aesthetic restoration of front teeth with crowns or veneers.
Orthodontic treatment is such a great choice for people who struggle with major dental issues like misaligned teeth. The best thing to do is to address the problem right at a young age rather than waiting for years. At the same time, you should know that there is no age limit to get the treatment. Besides a regular dental check-up, do visit an orthodontic clinic periodically to get a complete assessment of your teeth. Puri Medical Clinic is one of dentistry in Bali that can be your choice to do a regular check-up or consult for orthodontic treatment if you or your family have misaligned teeth and jaw problems. Our team always ready to give you the best solution to achieve the smile you dream of!
Sources: dentalhealth.org, helmorto.com