As the world grapples with the rapid spread of the new Coronavirus (COVID 19), more and more countries are ordering their residents to stay at home.
In conditions like today, staying at home is the right way to reduce the spread of COVID 19. The Indonesian government itself advises people to practice social distance, given the increasing number of people with COVID-19 in Indonesia.
Why staying at home is very important
The spread of COVID-19 is very fast when an individual with symptoms makes physical contact with another person. Staying at home helps control the spread of the virus to family, friends, and the broader community.
If the spread of the virus can be suppressed, the government and world medical experts have enough time to deal with victims exposed to COVID-19. Those who have symptoms must stay at home for 14 days after experiencing symptoms. This act will reduce the risk of transmission to others.
If your immunity is good, an infection from the Coronavirus can heal itself during a period of self-isolation. You may not even leave the house as much as possible except for crucial matters.
If you want to leave the house to look for food supplies, then you must limit social contact with other people.
Staying at home can be difficult and frustrating. But there are several things you can do to make it easier. This includes:
- Remember, by staying at home, you are credited with reducing the spread of COVID-19.
- You become healthier at home. You consume self-cooked food and have the opportunity to exercise.
- Take advantage of delivery services to get food, medicine, or whatever you need.
- You can still get in touch with friends and family by telephone or through social media.
- You can plan online learning activities, watch movies and gather with family while staying at home.
- You get more time to rest and relax. Take advantage of this time to manage your stress.
What you can do to avoid COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often; clean your hands with soap and running water for 20 seconds. You can also use hand sanitizers that contain alcohol.
- Your hands can be affixed with a virus, washing your hands with soap makes the virus in your hand’s decay.
- Don’t panic; manage your mentality to stay calm. Panic will only trigger stress in yourself, which ultimately decreases your body’s endurance.
- Eat nutritious foods such as vegetables and fruit. Minerals in fruits and vegetables keep the body fit and enhance your body’s immunity.
- Clean your house with disinfecting liquid. The disinfectant liquid containing chlorine is quite effective in killing germs, bacteria and viruses that stick to the surface of objects. Spray the liquid on vehicles, furniture, door handles, and any surface that others may touch.
Here are the most common symptoms of COVID-19:
- Continuous cough or high body temperature.
- Some people, the symptoms have shown are quite mild.
- Having a cold and runny nose.
- In severe stages, people with COVID-19 infection will have difficulty breathing.
What do you do if you feel you have coronavirus symptoms?
- Don’t go to the doctor or hospital; You only need to contact an authorized medical person or hospital. They will pick you up to check your medical condition.
- Stay at home and isolate yourself. You will probably heal by yourself if your immune system is excellent.
- Ask your relatives to monitor the development of your body condition through telephone connections. If it gets worse, your relatives will inform the medical authorities.