Health Essentials You Need for Safe Travelling to Indonesia 2022
Are you planning to have an extended vacation to Indonesia in the shortcoming period of time? Taking these precautions and packing these health essentials are necessary not just in times of COVID-19 but also every time you decide on traveling internationally. Puri Medical Bali has integrated everything you need to know about what to stuff in your baggage and backpack to ensure your safe travel in the following.
Did you know that international tourists can now enter Indonesia without self-quarantine? Read more in this post.
Health Essentials – Basic Medicines to Keep in Your First Aid Kit
Before going on board, make sure this checklist of medicines has been all ticked with the items below:
- antimalarial drugs
- diarrhea medicine
- motion sickness drug
- pain and fever medicine
- mild sedative
Travel-size health essentials to bring for vacation
We know you are all about releasing stress and pampering yourself but keep in mind that COVID-19 is not yet over. Don’t let loose your protection ever, especially in a room full of people and public transportations where you are most vulnerable of catching diseases. Puri Medical Clinic in Bali has provided a list of travel-size health essentials below:
- hand sanitizer
- insect repellent
- disinfecting wipes
- water purification tablet
- eye drops
- digital thermometer
- antibacterial or antifungal ointments
- disposable face mask (stock up many as you can)
Vaccinations You Need
CDC recommends these vaccines be taken for a minimum of 30 days before your travel to Indonesia. We have selected some that are the most vital.
- COVID-19 vaccines + booster (Without or just taking 1 dose out of the COVID-19 full vaccination, you are to observe mandatory quarantine in Indonesia at your own expense)
- Rabies (It will be very likely to encounter dogs and other mammals in Indonesia, consider taking this vaccine as a precaution)
- Hepatitis A and B (For those who have not been vaccinated and infants who are 6 to 11 months old)
- Measles-Mumps-Rubella-Varicella or Chickenpox (MMRV vaccine is recommended to use for children ages 1 to 12. Teenagers and adults need to update their MMR vaccine especially if they have never suffered from chickenpox before, have a weak immune system, and have not yet received the vaccine)
- Typhoid (Typhoid vaccine is very beneficial if you visit an area where it is common to encounter typhoid fever from a Salmonella typhi bacteria in contaminated food or drink, get a dose of it minimum 2 weeks prior to your journey. The vaccine should be administered repeatedly every 2 years. The shot can be taken by a 2-year-old toddler and above.)
Documents You Will Need for Entry to Indonesia
These are the entry protocols as published on the official website of the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia that have been applied since April 6, 2022, until further notice
- A negative PCR test result valid for 48 hours when the sample was taken to the time of your departure to Indonesia
- If you had covid in the last 30 days, you are exempted from submitting a negative PCR test result under an attestation or recovery certificate from a doctor/hospital/ministry confirming you are no longer transmitting the virus.
- Download PeduliLindungi (Available in PlayStore and App Store)
- Go to https://vaksinln.dto.kemkes.go.id/sign/in and sign up for your certificate of COVID-19 vaccines
- A digital or hardcopy of your COVID-19 vaccine certificate
- Hotel booking receipt
- Return or onward ticket
- Health insurance for your COVID-19 treatment
Receive Your Medical Care from Anywhere in Bali
Experience a professional health facility from the comfort of your villa resort and anywhere you are in Bali. Puri Medical Clinic in Bali is always ready to provide the best health care solution you need. For our home visit service, call us at +(62) 361 934 8572 or +(62) 821 4467 7273.